NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH / NOTTING HILL CARNIVAL
The preparations are underway around Notting Hill for this year’s Carnival and we are all very excited.
We will be open this weekend on Saturday 25th August 10am – 6pm and closed for Carnival Sunday 26th and Monday 27th, so be sure to pop-in before the crowds arrive so you don’t miss out on 75% off Garbstore.
To help you navigate through the million-strong crowd that descends on the area over the Bank Holiday weekend, we have put together a must-do guide:
1. Attend both days and make the most of the once-a-year event!
2. Arrive before the crowds. Busy stations and roads in the area can make the journey to the heart of Carnival a long one, get here by 12pm and enjoy a few extra hours.
3. Check out the procession of floats with steel drums and feathered, bejewelled dancers.
4. Head to Gaz’s Rocking Blues Sound System on Talbot Road. Dance to live bands and DJs playing ska and rock from their innovative stage sets with themes from Pirate ships to Revolutionary Cuba…we can’t wait to see this year’s.
5. Choose from an abundance of street stalls to get your fix of authentic Caribbean jerk chicken and rice ‘n peas.
6. Enjoy the reggae playing on most street corners, with a Red Stripe in-hand!
Get in to the Carnival mood with Junior Murvin’s Police and Thieves