Work with us...
Available Online and in London, Couverture and the Garbstore is the definitive one-stop shopping destination for all that is unique, inspiring and perhaps a little idiosyncratic. Browse through our open positions and if you would like to join the team, please get in touch.
Menswear Sales Associate – 4 Days a Week
We are currently recruiting for a part time sales associate to join our menswear department, The Garbstore.
As a front of house sales associate you are responsible for providing a first class shopping experience, and delivering the highest standards in all aspects of retail operations. Ideally with extensive experience in retail, you’ll also have a natural interest in menswear and be aware of fashion trends. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn all areas of a fashion business and will be able to contribute with future projects.
You will support the team in maximising sales and you have a proven track record of success in a similar front-line, retail or sales focused role. You will have superior customer service skills, be calm under pressure and able to work well within a team. With an unwavering commitment to customer service, you are able to handle all customer queries efficiently whilst developing long-term customer relationships.
It is of the utmost importance that you are able to use your own initiative and are well-organised. As part of your responsibilities, you will assist the e-commerce team in fulfilling web orders, assist in preparing for photoshoots and contribute to all social media channels. Most importantly, you love working with people and are enthusiastic, outgoing with a can-do attitude.
£9 per hour, 8.5 hours a day.
PART TIME: 4 days, weekends essential. Immediate start.
There may also be additional hours available to cover holidays.
If interested, please submit your CV & cover letter to Jack@garbstore.com
Middle-weight Graphic Designer
This is a fantastic and unique opportunity for a Graphic Designer to work in-house for an independent, London-based fashion brand and store.
We are looking for a technically-minded Graphic Designer with great artistic abilities and design knowledge. You will create visuals for a variety of projects across our business including web, marketing, in-store visuals and campaigns. As well as working within a small, friendly company, you will have the opportunity to gain an insightful knowledge into the fashion industry within both mens and womenswear.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You have at least 5 years of experience
- You are very creative with high taste levels and market sensibility appropriate to the brand
- You are bright and confident, with excellent communication and organisational skills
- You can take ownership of all assigned projects and use your own initiative
- You can multi-task, juggle and prioritise several different projects at once
- You can meet tight deadlines and schedules
- You are comfortable working in a busy design environment with minimal supervision
- You have experience of print and production of graphics for retail
- You have an excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
- You have Basic html / Dreamweaver knowledge for newsletters
- You have technical art working skills
- You have a basic knowledge of photography
- You have an excellent attention for detail
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Develop a consistent visual identity both in-store and online
- Create marketing campaigns throughout the year from initial concept to final assets, e.g. Sale / Christmas campaigns
- Build multiple weekly newsletters across Mens, Womens and Home
- Provide assets for social channels and digital advertising
- Create website banners and icons
- Assist the E-com Manager with website design and product shots
- Create POS materials for stores, as well as visual merchandising displays for in-store and window displays
- Provide digital and POS assets for event promotions, e.g. Black Friday
- Design and produce eco-friendly packaging for both retail and e-commerce
- Create Seasonal lookbooks, in-store magazines and gift guides
- Manage print budgets and ensure all designs are delivered on time
- Take ownership of all assigned projects, meeting tight deadlines and schedules
- Undertake any other tasks / duties that may be reasonably required
Couverture and The Garbstore Ecommerce Models
We are always on the hunt for both female and male Ecommerce Models to shoot creative content and product for our website.
Modelling experience not essential.
Male model requirements:
Age: 18 to 28
Height: 5ft 11" to 6ft 2"
Chest: 38" to 44"
Waist: 30" to 34"
Female Model Requirements:
Age: 18 to 28
Height: 5ft 8" to 5ft 11"
Dress Size: UK8
If interested, please submit your portfolio to Web@couvertureandthegarbstore.com